Orbit Homes – Residential Schemes
Waldeck are currently appointed by Orbit Homes to provide Project Management services on 24 new build residential sites, 18 of which are currently on site and 6 of which are in the pre-contract stages.
These 24 sites cover over 1,140 residential affordable housing, shared ownership and PRS units with a combined value of £120 million in construction contract sums
Our team are providing support to include:
- Chairing and recording site progress meetings
- Completing in house compliance reports on Sequel and the intranet ORB.
- Contract Administration and internal project management
- Employers Agent duties pre and post contract
- Final Accounts
- Liaising and collaborating with the Sales and Housing Team to deliver internal client requirements and compliance tasks.
- Pre Purchase Cost Estimates
- Preparing Tender reports
- Quality Inspections and Clerk of Works
- Quantity Surveying
- Reporting to Orbit on Sales/Marketing Housing Management and any other internal requirements
- Representing Orbit as Development Manager
- Reviewing Specifications and Drawings
- Snagging and Defect Management
- Technical, Cost and Contract advice
- Undertaking value for money assessments
- Valuations and Cost Reports
These sites are within the West and East Midlands area and are being contracted by Main Contractors such as Deeley Group, Jessup Brothers, AC Lloyd and housebuilders such as Barratt Homes, Taylor Wimpey, David Wilson Homes, Miller Homes and Persimmon Homes. The sites range from a 5 unit scheme to 174 unit scheme and are built using the following different forms of contract:
- JCT Design and Build
- Development Agreements – Design and Build bespoke form
- Purchase Agreements – Design and Build off the shelf
We are also providing enhanced services to Orbit including Contract Management support services on schemes that Orbit are managing in-house. This includes liaising with Orbits internal teams, such as Housing Management, Operations, Finance, Sales and Marketing to support projects that are on site.