Having worked with several of the top ten multi-temperature 3PL’s, top food manufacturers , and port companies, Waldeck are recognised as one of the market specialists in the design of cold stores, chill stores, temperature controlled food process and warehousing.
Waldeck understand that good use of energy and refrigerant selection will impact our client’s bottom line, which is why our strong commitment to sustainability and being one of only a handful of consultancies who are accredited Low Carbon Assessors.
We understand our clients businesses and the key elements in designing a facility:
- Space is money, and facilities must be able to adapt to a change in customer, goods or types of product handled
- Good use of energy and refrigerant selection will impact the bottom line
- Technology changes, which creates a need to respond to advancements in handling techniques and reflect operational constraints
- Safety is paramount, as is ease of vehicle movement and parking
- Hard-working buildings need good floors, joints and appropriate flatness
- Everything must perform, as well as comply, with insurance requirements
- Environmental risks must be managed, and design plays a crucial factor in achieving the desired results
- Good bunkering facilities externally, quality yards and parking provision for the various vehicle types are key
Find out more
Interested in finding out more about our cold stores capability?
Get in touch with our experts by calling 08450 990285 or email us here.