Waldeck recognise that clients prefer to communicate with a single point of contact to deliver solutions for their investments. The Health and Safety Executive have also recognised the need for designers to take more ownership and so, The Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM) 2015 were revised, setting out the need for a Principal Designer.
Furthermore, the process of Building Information Modelling (BIM) is also being dictated by government and funders in order to create more lifecycle certainty in developing built assets. This also drives the need for intimacy, coordination and integration of the design and advice provided by the professional team. As a truly multi-disciplinary design consultancy and award winning BIM experts, Waldeck is able to cater for the new market drivers and legislative requirements much more easily than if there were several design firms engaged.
We assemble an appropriate design team that satisfies the requirements of the CDM legislation, working as the single point of responsibility for all engineering design, with an appointed Principal Designer.
Accountability, transparency, efficiency, cost economies and communication benefits are the quick wins for promoters of capital investment who decide to employ a one-stop-shop design solution. Importantly though, the client still often needs reassurance that the right sort of qualified professionals are embedded to provide support and if that means the introduction of a specialist or someone more appropriate to the particular project, then that is what Waldeck will propose.
Our offering can deliver the following end-to-end service to enhance your capital investment solutions for all projects.
Principal Designer Services
- Advice and assistance to the client to ensure they are fully aware of their duties and meet their obligations
- Notification to HSE on clients behalf both during the initial design stage and prior to any construction works commencing
- Identification and production of pre-construction information to designers and contractors
- Competency checks on designers, contractors and sub-contractors prior to them being appointed on behalf of the client
- Coordination of health and safety aspects of the design and provide a proactive risk management approach with the potential to save money, time and resource
- Ensure all designers comply with their CDM duties
- Facilitation of good communication between client, designers and contractors
- Liaise with Principal Contractor with regards to on-going design
- Preparation of Health and Safety File during pre-construction phase and pass to client at the end of the project or to principal contractor if appointment ends earlier
CDM Advisory Services
- Review of contractors tenders in regards to health and safety
- Advise on suitability of principal contractors construction phase health and safety plan
- Review of construction phase health and safety plan for suitability
- Site audits to ensure that construction work is carried out, so far as reasonably practicable, without risk to the health and safety of workers
- Training on CDM Regulations 2015
Health & Safety Services
- Site health and safety inspections and audits
- Compliance audits for buildings/workplaces
- Production of construction phase health and safety plans for maintenance/improvement works
Find out more
Interested in finding out more about our Principal Designer and CDM Advisor capability?
Get in touch with our experts by calling 08450 990285 or email us here.