What is Restrospective BIM?
Retrospective BIM commonly referred to as Scan to BIM uses 3D Laser Scanners and highly accurate photogrammetry to create accurate and detailed Building Information Models (BIM) in a variety of formats.
Our experts are able to create accurate, intelligent BIM models from surveyed 3D laser scan data in short time scales by capturing large sites and buildings in high levels of detail.
Using software such as Autodesk Revit, we are able to accurately re-create an existing asset, and then using the intelligent 3D model, we are able to manipulate, change, analyse and adapt all aspects of the existing as-built model.
By creating 3D geometric models which accurately reflect the physical asset, this allows new information to be attributed creating intelligence which can be harnessed to operate the asset. Geometric information can be used to establish new project parameters for future projects which may extend, change the use of or add new assets which may impact the existing structure or infrastructure.
Smart functionality and efficiencies can also be added to the retrospective BIM model to look at additional influences such as footfall, utility usage and change control processes.
- The initial as-built BIM 3D model created from the laser scan data can be used as the primary BIM model, which is manipulated, changed, analysed and adapted throughout the project life cycle
- BIM models can be used for Structural Analysis and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Models can be visualised and rendered for stakeholder engagement and promotional purposes
- Enables field BIM techniques such as mixed realities, tablet functionality and IoT analysis
- Construction verification
- Enhanced MEP coordination
- 4D Scheduling
- Interface Management
find out more
Interested in finding out more about Retrospective BIM?
Get in touch with our experts by calling 08450 990285 or email us here.