Who We Are
Waldeck Associates Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Waldeck Associates Ltd’s registered office is at Kesteven Business Centre, 2 Kesteven Street, Sleaford, NG34 7DT and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3450319. We act as the Data Controller when processing your data. Our designated GDPR Appointed Person is Hannah Wharton, who can be contacted at Kesteven Business Centre, 2 Kesteven Street, Sleaford, NG34 7DT.
Information That We Collect
Waldeck Associates Ltd process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect may include: –
- Your name
- Your contact details such as; telephone and mobile number, your email address, your postal address
- Your employment role within your organisation
- Your on-line browsing activities on our website
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, and feedback
- Your correspondence and communications with Waldeck Associates Ltd
- Other publicly available personal data including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter, public Facebook page or LinkedIn)
- Information which may be required to enable us to comply with any legal obligations (such as health and safety, HMRC, contractual obligations)
This list is not exhaustive and, in some specific situations we may need to collect further data in line with this Policy.
Some of the above personal information is obtained from you directly – for example when you complete our online form, hand us your business card, send us an email or provide contact details verbally. Other personal data is obtained indirectly, for example when you visit our website.
We collect some of this information through our website via:
- Online form
How We Use Your Personal Data
(Legal Basis for Processing)
Waldeck Associates Ltd takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
Specifically from our online form, we would like to share information with you regarding:
- News (regular newsletter updates, project wins and other important company information)
- Events (we occasionally host and sponsor events)
- Services and Important Information
- Career Opportunities (including, job vacancies, apprentice schemes and graduate training schemes)
- To provide services to you
- To enable you to be engaged in the provision of services to us
- To manage contracts entered into and which you are engaged on
- To tender for contracts which may involve your services or our services
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- To enable Waldeck Associates Ltd to manage customer service interaction with you
- For market research purposes
- To contact you electronically about our services
- To verify your identity
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
- To help improve our services
You have the right to access any personal information that Waldeck Associates Ltd processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Occasionally, Waldeck Associates Ltd would like to contact you with our latest newsletters, events, services offerings and important information. If you consent to us using your contact details for this purpose, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option on the email, or by contacting Waldeck Associates Ltd directly.
Waldeck Associates Ltd will occasionally send you our latest newsletters, events, services offerings and important information by email or post that have been identified as being beneficial to you, our customer. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to unsubscribe via the email, at any time.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement Waldeck Associates Ltd uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Waldeck Associates Ltd takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place which include controlled levels of access on IT systems, hardware firewalls, a robust password policy, restricted USB access, restricted admin access and anti-virus protection. Waldeck Associates Ltd have been assessed against the UK Government led Cyber Essentials initiative and currently hold the award.
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Waldeck Associates Ltd does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we will ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
The usual legal basis for processing client and contact data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Waldeck Associates Ltd, including:
- Selling and supplying services to our clients
- Protecting clients, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promotion, marketing and advertising of our services
- Sending promotional and informational communications which are relevant and tailored to individual clients and contacts
- Understanding our clients’ behaviour, activities, preferences and interests
- Improving the delivery of our services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime and fraud and assisting law enforcement agencies
- Managing insurance claims
- Protecting Waldeck Associates Ltd, its employees and clients by taking relevant action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Waldeck Associates Ltd
- Effectively handling any legal claim or regulatory enforcement action taken against Waldeck Associates Ltd
- Fulfilling our duties to our clients, colleagues and shareholders
How Long We Keep Your Data
Waldeck Associates Ltd only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent. For more information, please request a copy of our ‘Data Retention and Erasure Policy’.
Lodging a Complaint
Waldeck Associates Ltd only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
2 Kesteven Street
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
When someone visits our website, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this in order to gain a better understanding of things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This enables us to understand better what information our visitors find helpful. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of people who visit our website.