On completion, the Hinkley Point C site will host two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in Britain providing zero-carbon electricity for around six million homes.
The £19.6bn project is expected to have created 22,000 job opportunities during the 10 years of construction and provide huge opportunities for local, national and international businesses throughout its 60-year lifecycle.
Following Waldeck’s successful involvement in the delivery of EDF Energy’s West Burton CCGT project from 2008-2013, Waldeck were appointed on EDF Energy’s engineering framework for Hinkley Point C in 2014, functioning as a technical specialist and management consultancy.
Working alongside the wider EDF team, our engineers have delivered services to include:
- Acting as Intelligent Customer
- Building Information Modelling
- Design of all Temporary Structures
- Management & Co-ordination of Minor Works Packages
- Management of Engineering & Construction issues during the Main Civils phase
- Revisions to Main Building
- Site Enabling Works
- Site Engineering