As the industry continues to evolve, digital tools are transforming design, engineering and construction.
By combining new construction techniques and digital design capabilities with traditional engineering services, we are able to find better, more efficient ways to provide solutions for clients which meet the most pressing challenges faced by the UK construction industry.
What is Waldeck’s ‘Digital Toolbox’?
Our experts have developed a ‘Toolbox’ of advanced digital solutions to transform the way we design, plan, construct, operate, maintain and decommission a built asset.
Rapid advances in computational design and the ability to access and use data are creating opportunities to revolutionise the process of design, engineering and construction. This ‘Digital Tool Box’ enhances Waldeck’s extensive engineering experience to create solutions that deliver real benefits.
Through Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Waldeck is able to align the digital model (product) with the design, project processes (process) and the stakeholder’s requirements (people). We are then able to produce quantifiable results throughout the whole lifecycle of an asset, from construction to operation and maintenance, leveraging benefits such as:
- Time schedule optimisation and monitoring
- Project planning optimisation
- Reduced costs, variations, delays and disputes
- Automated quantity take-offs
- Transparency of design options and management of change
- Enhanced model based communication and collaboration techniques
- Facilities which are fit-for-purpose and meet the requirements of the client needs beyond Capex stage
- Improved health and safety training
- Improved operational asset and facilities management
VDC complements traditional Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) management services by offering additional digital and technology enhancements to an intelligent Digital Information Model (3D), impacting the following:
- Visualisations and reality capture
- Virtual, augmented and mixed reality techniques for scenario testing and communication of potential outcomes
- Unique integrated 3D-4D-5D single model for informed prediction
- Design options and change testing
- Site logistics and safety planning
- Project team collaboration
- Visual scheduling and planning (4D)
- Quantity take off and cost estimation (5D)
- Virtual work-package coordination, planning, and clash detection
- Multi-disciplinary integration
- Configuration management
- Virtual constructability reviews including toolbox talks
- Sustainability modelling (6D)
- Commissioning data, facilities management and systems integration (7D)
Waldeck are a progressive and proactive Engineering and Technology company that recognise the positively disruptive influence digital tools and workflows are having on asset owners, asset developers, traditional construction and property businesses. Our Operations team work proactively with our Research and Development (R&D) Department, Partnered Academic Institutions, numerous leading clients in their respective sectors and technology partners to create and deliver bespoke solutions to suit what is asked of us in delivering practical but smart solutions that create efficiency, value and certainty of outcome.