Through continuous advances in Building Information Modelling (BIM) technologies and capabilities, the UK construction industry is undergoing its very own digital revolution.
From the outset, Waldeck had the foresight to adopt and promote digitally engineered project solutions, even before it was referred to as BIM, as an integral part of our offering to clients. Building from this insight into what a game-changer this immersion in technology and digital methodology could be, we recognised that BIM is a misnomer and should definitely not represent B for ‘buildings’, nor entirely is it about ‘Information Modelling’ either. We as a company therefore prefer to reduce the importance of the first letter when one refers to ‘BIM’ and indeed, adopt an approach that is all about Digital Asset Information Management.
What is BIM?
BIM is a way of working; it is data capture, information modelling and information management in a collaborative environment, where all teams involved work to the same standards as one another.
A Building Information Model consists of both graphical and non-graphical information hosted on a Common Data Environment (CDE) – it is much more than just a 3D model:
- The graphical information is in the form of a 3D model
- The non-graphical information is corresponding data, such as Programme (4D), Cost (5D), Sustainability (6D), Facilities & Asset Management (7D) and also Waldecks interpretation of the final dimension, Enterprise Solutions (8D)
- The CDE is seen as a ‘single source of truth’, a secure virtual space where all project data is correlated and housed
Importantly, BIM enables components within a model to be associated with relevant data. When this concept is interfaced with traditional Product Lifecycle Management, enhanced intelligence is created, allowing us to provide improved efficiencies to the lifecycle of an asset or enterprise.
The interfacing of these two concepts allows us to offer a BIM based cradle to grave solution to clients, which adds value, creates efficiencies and reduces risk – known as ‘Enterprise Lifecycle Management’ (ELM). We are using technology to enable our clients to move away from the traditional viewpoint of minimising capital cost and then managing operational costs to be able to have full understanding of the overall cost that their asset will incur throughout its lifecycle to allow them to make truly informed decisions.
Our BIM Offering
We offer fully integrated BIM based Enterprise Lifecycle Management solutions across multiple dimensions, as we understand that digital design is most effective when aligned with project control procedures. We ensure delivery of models and data at the defined project milestones, enabling our clients to benefit from reduced risks and maximised certainty of outcome.
Strategic Asset Lifecycle Management
- 7D (and Waldeck’s 8D) BIM Enterprise Lifecycle Management solutions
- Enterprise Lifecycle Management integration
Project Information Management
- Strategic BIM Consultancy Services
- Asset Information Requirements (AIR) Creation
- Employers Information Requirements (EIR) Creation
- BIM Execution Plan (BEP) and BIM Standards Creation
- Process, Workflow and Procedural Document Creation
- Model Authoring and Project Deliverables
- Parametric Family Creation
- Architectural, Structural, MEP creation
- Design Concept and Establishment
- Building Physics and Low Carbon Modelling
- BIM Co-ordination and Validation
- Planning, Protocols and Management
- BIM Generated Quantities and Costs Planning
- BIM Generated Schedules and Timeline Analysis
- Construction Phasing and Project Planning
- Predictive Scenario Modelling using BIM
- Real-time Visualisations, Animations and Digital Realities
- Training Programmes and Academy Establishment
We have invested heavily in people and technologies during recent years, including our focus on in-house training, through our BIM Academy and our ICE approved Graduate Training Programmes, which we run alongside our subscribed industry recognised BIM training schemes – BRE BIM Fundamentals course, and the Middlesex University Building Information Modelling Management MSc course. Not only are we heavily involved in the UK’s largest new build and decommissioning projects, our people have also been involved in supporting the UK Governments BIM Directive.
Find out more
Interested in finding out more about Building Information Modelling?
Get in touch with our experts by calling 08450 990285 or email us here.